AmeriCorps Week provides the perfect opportunity for AmeriCorps members, alums, grantees, program partners, and friends to demonstrate AmeriCorps' impact on critical issues, bring more Americans into service, and thank the community partners who make AmeriCorps possible. AmeriCorps Week shines a spotlight on AmeriCorps' impact in communities across the country, and right here in Mississippi, to motivate more Americans to join the effort and #GetThingsDone
Getting involved is easy and here are some ways to get involved:
- Share your fast facts about AmeriCorps in your state. One of the goals of AmeriCorps Week is to increase overall awareness of the valuable contributions AmeriCorps members make to our communities and our country.
- Share your AmeriCorps pride on social media. Raise awareness of AmeriCorps Week by changing your profile picture this week to this AmeriCorps graphic.
- Invite someone to apply for AmeriCorps. One of the main reasons why people don’t serve is they are not asked. If you know of someone who is looking to make a difference in their community and willing to devote 9 to 12 months to a term of service, encourage them to apply for an open AmeriCorps position.
If you served in AmeriCorps, here are three ways you can celebrate AmeriCorps Week as an alum:
- Share a picture using #GetThingsDone. Write the program and year you served or where you work now in the blank space.
- Share your story. AmeriCorps Alums wants to hear your story beyond AmeriCorps. How were you “Made in AmeriCorps,” how are you living out a lifetime of service, and what are you doing now? Submit your story today.
- Stay connected. Register with AmeriCorps Alums, the only national network that connects alumni of all AmeriCorps programs to the people, ideas, and resources that support their commitment to a lifetime of service. Join for free to gain access to professional development resources, discounts, networking opportunities and policy updates on the state of AmeriCorps.
Source: Points of Light