Request for Qualifications: Videographer
The Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service (dba Volunteer Mississippi) is seeking a firm and/or individuals capable of providing video production services (including but not limited to filming and editing) for a series of short 2-3 minute videos to be revealed at the 2020 Governor’s Initiative for Volunteer Excellence (GIVE) Awards scheduled for April 20, 2020. The shoots will take place in multiple locations within the State of Mississippi and travel is required.
The purpose of this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is to solicit proposals from candidate organizations, conduct a fair evaluation of candidate qualifications/responses based on criteria identified herein, and select the appropriate candidate to work with Volunteer Mississippi.
Description of Volunteer Mississippi
The mission of Volunteer Mississippi (VM) is to engage and support Mississippians of all ages and backgrounds in service to their communities. Our philosophy is that direct and demonstrable results are achieved by fostering civic responsibility, strengthening the ties that bind us together as Mississippians, and providing educational opportunities for those who make a substantial commitment to service. As the state's office of volunteerism, VM invests in Mississippi communities by building public/private coalitions; linking communities, organizations, and individuals to local and national resources and technical assistance providers; coordinating state resources for volunteers; initiating volunteer programs to address unmet needs; administering collaborative State Service Plan Goals and training among the Mississippi Office of the Corporation for National and Community Service (MCNCS) and VM; and promoting and recruiting citizen participation for volunteer service initiatives.
Governor’s Initiative for Volunteer Excellence (GIVE) Awards
The GIVE Awards is an annual event recognizing outstanding individual and group volunteer efforts that have made a significant difference to the State of Mississippi through volunteer action in local communities. Awards are given for outstanding service to a variety of specific causes such as: Children and Families, Health, Homelessness, Hunger, the Environment, Animal Advocacy, Literacy, Education, Mental Health, Arts and Culture, Anti-Violence, Disaster Relief, Economic Development, and other causes that enrich the lives of Mississippians.
Project Scope and Requirements
The scope of this project covers three months (February, March, and April of 2020) and includes coordinating with Volunteer Mississippi to travel to specific locations for video production shoots. The winning candidate will be responsible for providing all required field production gear and at least one videographer, based on the scope of each individual shoot. Specific shoot dates and locations have not yet been identified as they are contingent upon the selection of recipients.
The production shoots will take place: - During the months of February 2020 through the first week of April 2020. The shoots will be on location with both interior and exterior scenes.
The event audience will be comprised of representatives from the Governor’s Office, state agencies, elected officials, members of the Volunteer Mississippi Board of Commissioners, GIVE Recipients and their invited guests, non‐profit organizations, other interested stakeholders, and the Volunteer Mississippi Staff.
The GIVE event program will be moderated and comprised of keynote speakers, PowerPoint presentation materials, and the series of videos resulting from the contract procured through this RFQ. The videos are expected to tell the story of each individual recipient and to capture the essence of their commitment to service in their area.
Volunteer Mississippi expects the selected candidate to provide the following services:
- Taping of approximately 10‐15 subjects
- Taping sessions of at least 15‐20 minutes each – to be later condensed to 2-3-minute segments
- Editing of videos with music and animation to match Volunteer Mississippi and GIVE branding
- All necessary professional audio and video equipment and personnel required to shoot and record video and audio for all recipients
- Travel to GIVE Recipient locations
- If production gear should need to be shipped to a location, those costs will be covered by the candidate and not passed to Volunteer Mississippi
- The cost of travel is to be included in the overall price submitted in the response to this RFQ
- Work closely with staff to ensure content is appropriate for the event and follows Volunteer Mississippi brand standards
- Development and adherence to a detailed production schedule under the guidance of Volunteer Mississippi Staff
- Contact all GIVE Award Recipients to schedule time slots for filming with not less than a week notice prior to the shoot
- Coaching skills for recipients to assist with the art of telling their story of their volunteerism
- A dedicated project manager for the project
- Provide Volunteer Mississippi staff member(s) with edited videos each week of each filmed GIVE recipient
- Provide one compiled and edited PowerPoint or Video containing all individual videos for the awards ceremony on or before Monday, April 13, 2020.
Volunteer Mississippi will retain ownership of all recorded material. Unless otherwise negotiated, all deliverables and/or other products of the contract (including but not limited to all procedures, reports, records, summaries, software documentation and other matter and materials prepared or developed by the Contractor in performance of this contract) shall be the sole, absolute and exclusive property of the Volunteer Mississippi, free from any claim or retention of rights thereto on the part of the Contractor, its agents, subcontractors, officers, or employees.
Time Estimate for Project
This project includes an estimated 100 hours of activity within the proposed time frame that will be finalized after the contract has been awarded and all GIVE Award recipients have been selected. The project will include travel to all GIVE recipient locations and correspondence with Volunteer Mississippi staff. All costs associated with travel and correspondence with Volunteer Mississippi staff shall be included in the overall cost submitted in response to this RFQ. No outside costs will be paid by Volunteer Mississippi.
Scoring and Award Notification
Notice of Award will be issued no later than February 10, 2020 at 5pm CST. All submitted proposals will be evaluated on a 100-point scale and awarded based on the following criteria:
- 20 points – Qualifications and Experience
- 20 points – Quality of work and References
- 40 points – Overall Cost
- 20 points – Ability to Meet Schedule Requirements
Based upon the evaluation of the written proposals, the VM may request the highest‐ranking teams to participate in an in‐person or telephone interview in order to answer questions.
Award of Contract
Notwithstanding any other provision of this RFQ, Volunteer Mississippi, expressly reserves the right to:
- Waive any immaterial defect or informality, or
- Reject any or all proposals, or portions thereof, or
- Select a vendor already under contract for similar services, or
- Cancel or reissue the solicitation
A response to this RFQ is an offer to contract with Volunteer Mississippi upon the terms, conditions, the scope of services, and specifications contained in this document. The contract of a result of this RFQ will be awarded to one vendor.
Proposals must be signed by an agent or representative of the organization submitting the proposal. Additionally, all costs included in proposals must be all-inclusive to include any travel, correspondence hours, and production/equipment costs. Please be sure that your proposal should address specific requirements outlined in the statement of work and in the required items for submission listed below.
- Required Information
Candidates shall email a digital copy of the response in a common format such as Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Word OR one copy delivered by hand or by mail hard copy of the candidate’s response.
- Cover Letter
- Qualifications and Experience
The response must include information describing the background and experience of each firm and key individuals that will perform all or parts of the proposed services.
- Quality of Work and References/Availability to Meet Schedule Requirements
The response must demonstrate an understanding of the project objectives, providing a clear
indication of the ability to perform within the required schedule. The response must describe the approach that will be taken to produce, edit, and deliver the final videos. The inclusion of a portfolio of project examples is strongly encouraged. The response must also include a minimum of 2 references, complete with an email address and telephone number of the clients for which the candidate previously produced similar work.
- The response must provide an overall cost for the project described within the scope of work and throughout the request for qualifications.
Directions for Submission and Timeline
Interested candidates should submit their responses to firstname.lastname@example.org or 3825 Ridgewood Road Ste. 201 B Jackson, MS 39211. Any questions or clarifications on the RFQ must be submitted in writing to email@example.com by February 3, 2020 at 5 pm CST, and responses will be issued no later than February 6, 2020 at 5 pm CST. The deadline for submission is Monday, February 10, 2020 at 5 pm CST.